Irish cream syrup works as the main ingredient of many home-brewed items. It is nonalcoholic. Let us cook the Irish Cream Syrup Recipe. So, it is suitable for all people. What’s more, the recipe doesn’t need any high-end ingredients too. You can easily prepare it with household items except almond or coconut extract.
Many people will prepare it without the coconut extract. However, I found it helpful to bring all the flavors for a better delicacy.
Servings: 3 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Calories: 245 kcal
Total time: 45 minutes
I recommend taking a look at these articles with popular drinks.
HOW TO MAKE IRISH CREAM SYRUP RECIPE
- Demerara Sugar (120-130 grams)
- Muscovado Sugar (70-75 grams)
- Freshwater (Approximately 100 to 150 grams)
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut extract
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Wooden Spoon
- Medium Sized Saucepan
- Fine Mesh Sieve
1. Add water: Put your cooking pan on the gas or electric stove. Now, add the water to it. We have used 150 grams of water for our Irish cream syrup. You may increase or decrease the amount of water depending on how much syrup you want to prepare. If you’re going to refrigerate and preserve it, you can prepare syrup of 250 grams of water or more.
2. Boil the water: After pouring the water into the cooking pan, turn on the stove. You need to heat the water for 5 to 7 minutes until it starts boiling. Be aware of stirring it with a long, elongated wooden spoon to avoid scalding.
3. Add the sugars: When the water starts boiling, add the demerara and muscovado sugars. You may use regular white sugar too. But, it won’t yield a great flavor. As you add the sugars, stir the mixture with a long wooden spoon. You need to continue boiling and stirring the mixture until the sugars dissolve. It is vital because, without proper sugar dissolving, the syrup will be tasteless.
4. Add the extracts and cinnamon: Now, add the ground cinnamon to the mixture. After boiling it for a few more minutes, add the coconut and vanilla essence to it. Finally, stir the mixture to allow them to blend properly.
5. Filter the mixture: Put the bottle on a flat surface on which you will preserve the syrup. Now, use the fine mesh sieve to filter the syrup multiple times. It will remove any lumps from the syrup. Once it cools off, you can store it in the refrigerator.
Serve as desired with ice cubes
An Alternative Method
1. Mix and whisk all the mixtures: In a small saucepan, mix all the ingredients. It includes coconut and vanilla extracts, cocoa powder, sugars, or anything else you use. Now whisk the mixture properly until it mixes.
2. Boil the mixture: Using a stove, heat the mixture and stir it continuously. You need to stir and heat it for 10 minutes. It allows the ingredients to mix properly.
3. Filter and store the syrup: After boiling the mixture, allow it to cool off for 30 to 40 minutes. The ingredients will also be set by this time. Then, use the fine mesh sieve to filter the syrup. You can now enjoy the drink or store it for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is this Irish cream syrup nonalcoholic?
The Irish cream syrup recipe is predominantly nonalcoholic. However, many people will add Irish Whiskey to it for an alcoholic flavor.
Can I use a microwave to boil and cook the syrup?
Yes, you can use the microwave to boil the whisked ingredients instead of using a stove. The taste will remain the same. So, it’s up to you which heating method you choose.
Can I use it to prepare Starbucks Irish cold brew?
Yes, it works fine for all the Irish cold brew recipes, including the famous Starbucks recipe. You will love the combination of coconut extract, cocoa flavor, and a cold feel.
Irish cream syrup is an incredibly versatile item. You can drink it separately or mix it with coffee or cold brews to meet your cravings. Furthermore, the Irish cream syrup recipe is easy to prepare in less than 20 minutes. You will love the chocolaty and coconut flavor with a great taste.
Friends, I recommend you take a look at this section on my website with popular drinks.