Have you been aware of the latest drink trend for mornings that are gaining popularity? It is called the MUD/WTR. It is believed to be a very beneficial to coffee alternative. This mud water recipe provide many health benefits and great taste. Recently it has been gaining massive popularity since people want to consume only the items that are beneficial to their well-being.
If you’ve heard of Mud/Wtr, you know how costly it is to purchase it directly from the company. We can make this homemade mud water at home!
What is MudWtr?
Mud Wtr is a non-caffeinated coffee substitute made from cacao, chai tea turmeric, and medicinal mushrooms (Chaga cordyceps reishi and lions mane) that provide many health benefits and great taste. This drink can help you gain focus and energy with no crash. It’s an excellent method to continue your morning (or evening or afternoon) “coffee” routine without caffeine or acid. It’s just 1/7th of the amount of caffeine present in a regular cup of coffee. This prevents you from suffering all adverse effects generally triggered by excessive caffeine consumption. People love it due to its ease on their stomachs.
What is the Taste of Mud/Wtr Like?
The flavor is unsweetened, spiced hot cocoa, or hot chocolate with chai. It’s powerful on the cacao taste, with mild turmeric and mushroom flavor and a smoky kick in the form of Indian spices. It’s earthy, thick, and a bit gritty, and it’s a little…muddy. There’s no sweetener in it, which means it’s a plain flavor that you’ll likely want to add sweetener, unlike black coffee, which can be delicious. It’s not like coffee, apart from its intense flavor and bitterness. The warm drink may remind you of your favorite cup of coffee. However, it’s not a substitute for coffee because it tastes like coffee. I’d prefer it to be compared to cocoa.
I believe that the “Mud” name also comes from the fact that the powder dissolves in the bottom of the cup, unlike cocoa which fully dissolves. Shaking it around a few times throughout your drinking session is recommended to ensure it stays well-mixed. Add a bit of water or milk once you’ve reached the bottom to make a mini serving along with the rest of the sediment.
What are the Benefits of Wtr Mud?
MudWtr is an excellent source of health benefits thanks to mushrooms, turmeric, and other spices.
- Cacao contains antioxidants and caffeine, making it an excellent natural energy boost. It also has essential minerals such as magnesium, iron, and potassium.
- Turmeric has antioxidant properties that act as an excellent anti-inflammatory and natural painkiller, and it is used for cancer prevention and treatment in addition to many other benefits.
- Cinnamon, which is antimicrobial, may aid digestion, improve mood, and aids in lower cholesterol.
- Chai tea is a potent blend of spices like cloves, ginger, fennel, and many more. It is an excellent aid to stomach issues and digestion; it also has antioxidants and is great for heart health.
- Most of the ingredients are used to control blood sugar levels and insulin levels, as well as help to prevent and combat the condition of diabetes.
- Medical mushrooms – the advantages of medicinal mushrooms can be discovered in a blog I wrote on mushroom coffee. However, the four in Mud water
provide benefits for the body, including energy, enhanced cognition, relaxation, stress management, cancer, and disease prevention, to mention just the help.
Mud Water Recipe
- 1/2 cup of Powdered Mushroom Blend
- 1 Box of Blue Lotus Masala Chai
- 3 cups of Cacao Powder
- 14 cup Himalayan Pink Salt
- 7 oz Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter (optional)
- Creamer to your liking (optional)
- Taste honey (optional)
- There is also milk or creamer after mixing. I prefer oat milk or coconut milk.
Mixing bowl, mix the powder for the mushroom blend, the blue lotus masala chai, cacao powder, and pink Himalayan salt. Then, mix all the ingredients with the help of a whisk until they’re all well combined. Pour this mixture into the coffee mug, and then set it aside.
In a blender at high-speed, mix boiling water as well as ginger, turmeric, as well as almond milk. Then, blend the mixture until it has a smooth paste consistency. Make sure the mix is smooth.
Pour this smooth, hot mixture over the previously made Mud Wtr compound inside your cup. Stir vigorously until well-combined.
Add honey, creamer, coconut milk, or whatever else you want to drink with your coffee.
If you are a fan of this beverage and wish to make it an everyday part of your routine, it is recommended to prepare it in bulk. This can be done by mixing all the dry ingredients and then storing the mixture in an airtight container or Jar.
When you’d like to keep it, blend your boiling mixture. Mix it in with 1-2 teaspoons of your homemade Mud/Wtr powder. Also, you will require a milk blender to blend everything. Make sure to mix well; otherwise, chunks of remnants will be left in the bottom. Enjoy!
Keep it within an airtight container and utilize the recommended amount of Tablespoon for every cup of milk or water of your choice.
Friends, I appreciate such recipes and keep them very carefully. For your convenience, I leave proven drinks recipes on my blog.
If you like experiments like me, you should make this delicious drink because it’s easy and it great health benefits.