Have you ever eaten cpk butter cake from California Pizza Kitchen? If not, you must. There’s a wide selection of excellent dishes on the menu at CPK, however, California Pizza Kitchen’s butter cake is the best. Let’s try this Butter Cake California Pizza Kitchen Recipe
If you enjoy it as I do, then you must make it yourself using this recipe. It’s different from the butter cake in CPK (it doesn’t ever be). However, it’s pretty close and is the best butter cake recipe I’ve tried. (And in a restaurant, it’s the most delicious dessert.)
Of course, I always add condensed dairy to my homemade warm butter cake recipe because all desserts are better when they have condensed milk. (Some people love cream cheese. I prefer condensed milk that is chilled.)
Remember, in CPK, our cakes are baked by hand for individual portions, not as a cake for a whole family.
Why Should You Try This Butter Cake California Pizza Kitchen Recipe?
Well, there are many great reasons to bake this cake. The most important one is that this cake is simple to prepare. You only need a handful of ingredients to bake this soft, moist, fluffy, and delicious cake.
Although I love eating this cake as it is, a few variations can enhance the taste even more.
Vanilla Ice-Cream Serving this dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to intensify the chocolate cake flavour. Yummy!
Chocolate Ganache Sprinkle chocolate Ganache on the cake to increase the buttery taste of the cake.
Berry: It is possible to add any berries you want into the cake batter, such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or raspberries.
Frosting Decorate the cake using whipped cream.
We will require very basic ingredients. All ingredients must be kept at the temperature of the room.
- 2 2 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened). Use unflavored butter.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour (you could substitute gluten-free flour)
- 3 eggs or 2 large eggs
- 2 T Vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon almond extract 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk (you can substitute with regular milk)
- 1/4 cup condensed milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For a Cream Cake Layer (This Topping is not Required):
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of sugar in granulated form
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Buttermilk is an excellent choice for making an extremely moist and tender butter cake. Be aware it’s much thicker than regular milk, so avoid it if you are experiencing any problems with milk consumption.
Step 1. Preheat oven to 375F.
Step 2. Use an 8-inch baking cake pan. Spray it with baking spray or spread butter to the sides and bottom. Put the liner on the pan’s bottom. Sprinkle granulated sugar on the sides and the bottom of the pan.
Step 3. Mix and sift the flour with baking soda and whisk it together. Set aside.
Step 4: In a big bowl, beat sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
Step 5: Incorporate the flour into the butter and mix until the mixture is good.
Step 6. Mix eggs one at a time and continue beating. Mix vanilla with extract and buttermilk in the cake batter, and blend until the batter becomes pale in hue.
Step 7. Add the batter to the greased pan.
Step 8. Put the pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for between 40 and 50 minutes or until the cake has golden brown. Put a toothpick in the centre of the cake to see whether the cake is cooked. The cake is done if the toothpick emerges clear or has some crumbs.
Cream Cheese Layer
A cream cheese topping is traditional, but it can be an option, as a simple frosting of the cake in butter with some ice cream can result in. If you cannot create a perfectly creamy cake and cheesecake topping, it is necessary to make the cake bake and make the layers of cream cheese.
- Make the batter for the cake in a big bowl, following the steps in the previous paragraphs.
- Wash the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is smooth. Using a stand or hand mixer with a medium-high speed is possible.
- Mix egg with vanilla extract.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pans or pans. Be careful not to overpour, as the cake will rise.
- Then, top it off with layers of the cream cheese mix.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until the toothpick is clean and the cake is a golden brown hue.
Butter Make is certain to use good quality butter to achieve the best results with this cake.
Room temperature: Ensure the ingredients are at room temperature to ensure they can mix well with one another, resulting in delicious baking.
My Cake Doesn’t Look Right
A common error is to use excessive quantities of an ingredient. For instance:
Sometimes, the cake may appear less appealing than you’d like because the butter needed to be softer (softened isn’t the same as melting butter) or if we overbeat the cake.
Do not worry about it; these are all common errors; however, if you stick to the instructions, you’ll be safe. Baking requires a little time and effort; however, this butter cake is among the most simple and easy desserts!
- If your cake does not appear to be “growing” while baking and is grumpy below the pan’s border, the cake may have used excessive flour. If the cake has become too fluid, it’s time to add more flour.
- You use baking soda and powder if the cake is cracked too much. A lot of baking powder can cause a sunken central area of the baked cake.
- If the cake appears like an omelette blurry, without any cracks, It means there are excessive eggs.
- If you use excessive dairy, your cake will not be fluffy and light and will not rise once baked.
- If your cake is too brown, you’ve put in excessive sugar.
- If you’ve used cold ingredients, they’re on the list. When you have chilled ingredients, your batter and layers of cream cheese will not get set correctly.
- The cake has dried out. In this instance, it can cause problems since butter cakes are supposed to be soft and moist. The reason for this is improper temperature or overbaking.
How to Store
On the counter: The Cake will remain fresh for up to two days in an airtight container placed on the counter.
In the Fridge: The cake can stay in good condition for up to an entire week when stored in the fridge.
In the freezer: First, freeze the whole cake tray, then take out the pieces, and wrap them in plastic wraps. Then, add the foil layer. Please place it in a zip-lock bag and then place it into the freezer. It’s good for 3 months or more.
You’ll Also Need:
- springform pans, individual cake pans or ramekins
Be aware that the original CPK cakes are baked individually and in pans. One large cake pan or a few smaller ones is possible. However, make sure to modify the baking duration. The smaller the pan and the less time it will take in the oven, the larger the pan, the longer it must bake.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. I make this recipe using a 9-inch cake pan. If you want to make individual pans, you’ll need four pans of 4 inches. For 9-inch pans, the baking time is about 45-60 minutes, depending on your oven. For 4-inch pans, the baking time is 20-25 minutes.
Check the time and the cake itself using the cake tester, a toothpick or a knife. Make sure to check the cake from the middle and not the sides, as the centre requires the majority all the time to get completed.
- Electric mixers: Stand mixer that has a paddle attachment or hand mixer.
- A kitchen torch is not required. Only if you are looking to caramelize sugar and are fearless in using the torch.
- Non-stick sprays are not required. I like using butter to coat the pan’s bottom, but I’m aware of people prefer the spray.
- Parchment paper is not required. If you decide to use it, cover your pan’s bottom with parchment before buttering it and then cover the pan with sugar.
So, I hope you like this cpk butter cake recipe. This California Pizza Kitchen Butter Cake is filled with a buttery taste, this recipe is simple to make, requires only a few ingredients and bakes in just a few minutes, and is topped with the perfect moist, fluffy and soft crumb. The cake has a crisp thin golden-brown crust and crispy sides, a little gooey butter cake
and golden brown. Although I enjoy cooking healthy bread and cakes, I also like to spoil my family members with these copycat recipes of sweet dessert. Also I recommend to bake Costco carrot cake on my blog.